1. It’s just as important to exfoliate your lips as it is your face! Exfoliating (the process of gently removing dry dead skin) is super simple.
Mix a little bit of brown sugar or finely granulated cane sugar with water or extra virgin olive oil and apply to your lips in a gentle circular motion with your fingertips. Continue this for a minute or two, then rinse the scrub off with warm water…or lick it off! Yummy.
2. Carry a lip balm or chap stick with you during the day and apply when needed. Lips should feel constantly hydrated and moist.
3. If you have to lick your lips to add moisture, then this is THE sign you need to apply lip balm! So do so! If you keep licking your lips during the day, they will become more chapped and can even bleed if irritated enough.
4. Apply lip balm to your lips right before bed. Most of us tend to open our mouths when we sleep so our lips can become more chapped from the air passing into and out of our mouths while we breathe.
5. Drink plenty of water. Water will hydrate your entire body from the inside out. You will feel better as well – More alert and awake.
6. Reduce the amount of caffeine you take in daily. Caffeine can dehydrate your body.
Article previously appeared on Acne Skin Site