Experts maintain that wearing tight, high-heeled or too-narrow shoes contribute to the development of these bony bumps aka bunions which can become painful over time. These two remedies help to deal with the condition.
Experts maintain that wearing tight, high-heeled or too-narrow shoes contribute to the development of these bony bumps aka bunions which can become painful over time.
Bunion is not natural and are characterized by a bony bump at the base of the big toe where it attaches to the foot. Bunion occurs when the pressure of the body’s weight falls unevenly on the joints and tendons in the foot causing the joint of the big toe to get bigger and stick out, it's usually not pretty too!
Before bunion disfigures your feet, once you see the signs coming, this two remedies are perfect way to tackle it:
Ice work wonders to relieve the pain and inflammation that comes with bunion. The ice numbs the nerve endings temporarily to provide relief in the area.
- Crush ice in a thin towel and wrap it.
- Place this on the affected area for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Take a break in between the home remedy for 10-15 minutes and repeat the procedure as needed.
Turmeric works wonders to alleviate pain. It is characterised by its ability to be used orally and well as topically. It helps block pains and reduce inflammation.
To use topically:
- Mix turmeric powder and olive oil together, mix thoroughly
- Apply the paste directly to the bunion.
- Repeat this as often as needed (it can be used up to 2 or 3 times daily)
To use Orally:
- Mix turmeric in a glass of milk or warm water, drink this daily or as required.