There are thousands of beauty products that you can throw together just by rummaging through your kitchen cabinet, case in point, Tumeric mask.
There are thousands of beauty products that you can throw together just by rummaging through your kitchen cabinet.
One out of many of such ingredients, used in creating superb natural products, is Tumeric.
Turmeric is a yellow colored spice from the ginger family native to India and parts of Asia and has been used by Indian women to achieve blemish free, smooth and glowing, even skin.
This turmeric mask is also known as Kurkum and is used by Kanuri brides in Northern Nigeria, West Africa as a skin care treat when preparing for their wedding ceremony.
Some of the skin care benefits of using the Turmeric mask include:
an effective homemade treatment for acne.
balancing skin PH for oily and dry skin.
minimizing wrinkles and slowing down the ageing process.
reducing hyper-pigmentation and lightens dark scars.
treating skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
reducing the visibility of stretch marks on skin.
treating burns. (In this case, combine with Aloe Vera gel).
Here are some things you need to consider before trying out the Turmeric mask –
1. Please keep in mind that the yellow coloring of the Turmeric Face Mask can temporarily stain skin if not rinsed out properly. However, you can prevent this by purchasing high-grade, unprocessed Turmeric.
2. Ensure that you are wearing old or unwanted clothes when applying the mask as removing Turmeric stains from clothes might prove a bit challenging.
3. Just in case you don’t like the spicy smell of Turmeric, don’t worry. The honey camouflages the smell perfectly.
4. There are other DIY Turmeric mask methods than the one above, which means that you can experiment with other ingredients such as yogurt, eggs, natural oils etc till you find the perfect combination for your skin type.
5. The skincare benefits of using a Turmeric Face Mask may take a while to manifest. Patience and consistency are key to getting great results.
What you’ll need
Liquid milk (can be replaced with distilled water)
Mixing bowl (preferably glass)
Here's a youtube viedo showing what you will need and how to apply the tumeric mask.
Take a teaspoonful of turmeric powder and place in your mixing bowl.
Add a teaspoon of raw honey and milk to the turmeric.
Mix into a thick paste, to prevent it from dripping and staining clothes.
Apply to skin and leave till paste hardens, usually about 30 minutes.
Wash paste off with warm water and pat dry.
Follow with your normal (preferably organic) skin care routine.
The turmeric mask can be used every day on alternate weeks for a flawless complexion.