Needed time: 40 minutes
- Cuticle or nail scissors
- Cuticle oil
- Buffing block
- Orange wood stick
- Nail file
- Non- acetone nail polish remover
- Cotton balls
- Nail polish or coat
- A clean towel
How can I do my own manicure?
1. Clean the nails and remove old polish with polish remover
2. File slightly with a nail file around the edges slightly. And in cases where nails are thin or they peel, angle the file so that it lies slightly under the nail.
3. Soak your nails in warm water and liquid soap, then massage the cuticle oil into the thin tissue-like skin that is attached to the bottom of the nail plate (cuticles). Let it soak in by giving it a few minutes.
4. Remove cuticle overgrowth from the nail bed by using a cuticle pusher. Use a nail clipper to trim hangnails along the side of the nails.
5. Remove oil by wiping the nail surface for the second time with nail polish remover; then apply a clear base coat. The clear base coat minimizes the splitting or cracking of the nails.
6. Apply polish in two thin coats. Be aware that it is more likely to chip if, in applying, you make it thick.
7. Apply a top to make it shine and sparkling, it will smoothen any rough surface and hide the flaws.
8. Allow coated nails to dry by leaving it for few minutes as this will give room to uniform dryness of the nails.
9. To prolong the longevity of the manicure, reapply the topcoat every day.
How can I do my own pedicure?
1. Remove old polish and clip overgrown nails.
2. Cut off stubborn calluses with the aid of a dry-skin file.
3. Soak your feet in warm soapy water for ten minutes, peel off those fragmental scales by scrubbing your feet, heels, and legs.
4. Clean your toenails by gently pushing back cuticles with your manicure stick.
5. Paint on a base coat, two coats of color, and a top coat, and wait at least 20 minutes for toenails to dry.
What are the therapeutic benefits of manicure and pedicure?
1. Manicure with lotion promotes nail growth, flexibility and retains moisture in the nail.
2. Pedicure prevents nail disorder and disease; its treatment helps the hygiene and growth of nails.
3. The manicure treatment uses oil, paraffin wax and lotions to clear your skin from dry cells.
ALSO READ: DIY manicure and pedicure
- If any case your normally white nails have been yellowed by polish, consistently rub them with the peel of a lemon or grapefruit to bring it back to normal.
- Remember the importance of sterilizing your own tool after use.
In conclusion, you should be reminded that there's no way you can get it 100% right at first; but with consistency, you will definitely attain. See to it that you do for yourself, that, which you can actually do for yourself.