Cleaning your makeup brushes which should be often should be done carefully, avoiding these things...
Just like ensuring a great sense of hygiene with overall health, cleaning makeup brushes should be a habit if you intend to keep skin infections, breakouts, acne, eczema and so on at bay. It also helps to make them last longer.
Makeup brushes should be cleaned often as leaving them riddled with dirts can cause blemishes and even more serious breakouts on the skin as dirty makeup brushes are breeding places for bacteria.
Cleaning your makeup brushes (see how to here) should however be done carefully, avoiding these listed things:
1. Never soak your brushes in water. Instead run them under lukewarm water to get out the dirt and grimes from foundation, powder, eyeshadow etc
2. Never use harsh detergent to clean instead opt for mild shampoo to lather up to wash brushes. Gently rub on the wash till it lathers, do this continuously till the lather comes off clean and clear that's how you know it's clean.
3. Be gentle with the bristles. Don't wash like you're washing a tee-shirt for instance, you have to be careful with the bristles so they don't come off loose or alter the shape of the brush afterwards rinse them inside and out/thoroughly.
4. Don't wring the bristles to get water out, blot them using a clean towel or face cloth by laying them flat for a while then flip them over after to get both sides dry.
5. Make sure not to get water in between the end of the brush and the handle so it doesn't become weak/fall off or get ruined.