Whenever you see a cow, what comes to the mind of many people is the meat they consume. This is a wonderful and amazing animal.
Are cows important to humans: Yes or No?
A lot of people out there thinks beef, milk and kpomo(skin) are the only products of cattle hence they downgrade those involve in cattle rearing.
I love agriculture the more whenever I look at the byproducts of many principal products, the process, production and the art of birthing or creating a new things from a principal products makes me realize that agriculture is a blessing and we are yet to fully explore the industry.
Nothing in Agricultural products is a waste, I will be focusing on cattle for now, when you take a look at a cow, know that they aren't just giving you meat but many other things. Aside from the meat in their body, their blood, hide, hooves and horn, brain, hair, manure, bones, internal organs, milk and fat produces many of the things you see in your house or make use of on a daily basis.
- From their blood we get; cake mixer, dye and inks, minerals, medicines, adhesive and laboratory materials.
- From their hide/skin we get; leather, candies, medicines, flavoring and gelatin.
- From their hooves and horn we get plastic, pet food, plant food, wallpaper, plywood, shampoo and lamination.
- From their brain; we get anti-ageing cream and medicines.
- From their hair; we get, textiles, brushes, plaster, insulation, air filters and felt.
- From their manure we get fertilizer for plants.
- From their bones we get; refined sugar, charcoal, fertilizer and glass.
- From their internal organs we get; instrument strings, tennis racket strings, hormones, enzymes and vitamins.
- From their milk we get; plastic, cosmetics, adhesives and medicines.
- From their fat we get; chewing gum, candles, detergents, deodorant, shaving cream, perfume, cosmetics, lotion, crayons, paint, lubricants, biodiesel, plastics, waterproofing, cement, ceramic, chalk, explosives, fireworks, matches, fertilizer, rubber textile, medicines and so much more.
The animal is blessed, there is so much goodness from the animal called Cattle.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: