Pulse.ng logo

What Wickedness Businessman arrested for recording dying wife

A man who recorded his dying wife instead of taking her to the hospital, has been arrested.

  • Published:
the couple, Oluchi and Priscilla Ajimowu in good times play

the couple, Oluchi and Priscilla Ajimowu in good times


Oluchi Ajimowu, a 29-year-old Lagos State based businessman, is now in the custody of the State Department for Criminal Investigation, Yaba, for his alleged involvement in the death of his wife, Priscillia, the Festac area of the state, the Punch Newspaper reports.

It was gathered that the police are not convinced with Ajimowu's explanation that his 23-year-old wife drank poison as they are looking at the possibility that he may have beaten her to death, because there was a severe injury on her head. He then went ahead to record her dying moments for over 40 minutes.

The police understood that Ajimowu had locked the deceased in her room on November 29, seized her phone and went out with their two children but on coming, he met his wife foaming in the mouth.

The dying woman who was a nurse, pleaded with her husband to take her to the hospital but he refused and instead, gave her palm oil to drink before using his phone to record the scene till the woman gave up the ghost.

Family sources however say that prior to the incident, Ajimowu had subjected his wife to inhuman treatment for the four years they spent in South Africa, before he came back to Nigeria four months ago, while Priscilla came back on November 27, two days before her death.

Shortly after her death, Ajimowu put thir house up for sale and was about escaping before the police arrested him.

Speaking on the constant feud between her parents, their first child, a seven-year-old called Ella, there was a pesticide and a drink in the room where her mother was on the fateful day, but that her father was not nice to her mother while they were in South Africa.

“Dad used to shout at mummy and beat her and she would be crying. That day (November 29), we left her alone in the house. Daddy took the keys and mummy’s phone and locked mummy inside.

When we came back home, daddy packed outside, locked us inside the car and went inside. After that, he called us and said: ‘come, come and see your mummy on the floor’. Mummy was saying, ‘Take me to the hospital, I’m tired’. He started videoing her. He gave her red oil, but she spat it out. Her body was cold.”

The mother of the late woman, Mrs. Stella Ayobo, said her daughter was to visit her on the day she died, but later cancelled the visit.

She also added that her daughter had not been happy since she got married to Ajimowu seven years ago, saying that he had, shortly after his wife’s death, reported at the Aguda Police Division, saying a friend took poison and died in his house.

“Four years ago, they went to South Africa. She always called me to report how Oluchi maltreated her.

She came back to Nigeria on November 27. She visited me on November 28 and promised to visit me again the following day, being a Sunday.

But that day, around 8am, she called me that she would not be able to come again and promised to come with her children on Friday.

Around 8pm that Sunday, her husband called me that she had been vomiting since morning and I told him to take her to a nearest hospital. He later called me and said it was a poison she took. I told him to bring her.

By the time she brought her, she was dead. We took her to a hospital and the doctor said she had died.

He went to the Aguda Police Station to report that a girl visited him from South Africa, took a poison and died in his house.”

The deceased’s uncle, Francis Ayobo, has urged the police to begin an intense investigation into the matter, adding that Ajimowu was not remorseful after her wife’s death.

“It is so surprising that the wife was dying and the husband started videoing her. The videos were more than 40 minutes. He sent it to Priscillia’s sister in South Africa. By that time he would have rushed her to a hospital for treatment.

I noticed that about three other guys were in the background of one of the video because somebody was giving her water and she was foaming in the mouth. Those things should be questioned."

The state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Joe Offor, confirmed the incident, saying that the Aguda Police Station arrested the husband and handed him over to the Satellite Town Police Division.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.