Joshua Moses met his end while trying to open the gate for his employee to leave the house.
According to Punch, the pole fell due to the heavy downpour on Tuesday, September 6, 2016, aroun 6:30 am.
The security guard, Joshua Moses, met his end while trying to open the gate for his employee to leave the house.
The Ogun State acting Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Abimbola Oyeyemi, who confirmed the incident, said “The occupant of the apartment reported the electrocution to the police. The corpse has been deposited at the Mainland Hospital morgue in the Yaba area of Lagos State.”
According to Yemisi, an eyewitness who spoke to Punch, “The gatekeeper was employed on Monday. He had opened the gate for his boss around 6am. It was raining at that time, and as he made way to close the gate, an electric pole fell and the high-tension wires fell on him.”
Various parts of Lagos state have experienced serious flooding due to the heavy rains.
On Saturday, July 2, 2016, a transformer exploded in Tundunwada satellite town in Abuja, and killed a pregnant woman as well as five others.