Pulse.ng logo

Strange things Tenants of house where boy was found in wall, lament their ordeal

Six days after boy is rescued from house wall, the tenants lament over their three-day ordeal.

  • Published: , Refreshed:

Following news of a 12-year-old boy who was broken out of a wall in Ondo state, fresh reports on the shocking tale have emerged.

The young boy discovered on Friday, December 9, 2016, has been revealed to be a 16-year-old boy, identified as Aduragbemi, found in-between two walls (about 10 inches apart) in the Oduduwa Area, New Town in Ondo Kingdom, Ondo State.

ALSO READ: 12-yr-old boy reportedly buried inside wall, rescued

Although there were speculations that the shocking incident had not occurred in Nigeria, fresh reports have put those speculations to rest.

With a million questions running through the minds of many, the emaciated young boy who was rescued caused panic in the hearts of those who lived in the building where he was found.

Many of the tenants had believed that the house was haunted, and actually considered moving before the shocking discovery.

One of the residents who identified herself simply as Becky, said:

“We were already looking for another accommodation because it was strange for a human voice to be coming out of a fence wall for three days; non-stop, throughout the day and at night."

Following a visit from Punch correspondents, the tenants expressed relief that their three-day nightmare had come to an end, as they had been convinced that a ghost was haunting their community.

ALSO READ: Man chains son allegedly possessed by spirits

She said, “We never knew anyone was there. So, when the noise refused to stop and was unbearable, I told my friends to start looking for accommodation for me because it was becoming scary that we would be hearing a strange voice from in-between walls. Could it be a ghost, I once asked myself. It has never happened before and I don’t think I would forget the experience of those three days.

“Initially, we laughed when the person was talking incoherently, because he was fond of repeating anything people around said. We, in our compound, thought the voice was from the shops on the other side, so we confronted them to know who was doing that, but they said they also thought it was from our compound, or maybe we had a visitor.

“That was when we sensed trouble. We also realised that in the night when the shops would have closed, the voice persisted and the person was saying meaningless things, like ‘my name is Judas Iscariot; I’m Jesus; I was the one who killed Jesus, bring your gaari (cassava flakes), etc. It became unbearable and I couldn’t wait to run away. We thought we were being haunted by some ghosts, because it was very strange.”

Becky recalled how they had been unable to sleep in the night and ended up sitting outside.

“It was scary to remain indoors, with the kind of things he was saying at that time of the night, so, sometimes we all came out to sit down outside; it felt safer."

When the tenants could take no more of the alleged ghost, they finally alerted the police since the owner of the property was unreachable.

With the help of neighbours and passersby, the wall was broken and the emaciated boy was discovered.

Aduragbemi was brought out of the wall and taken to the police station before his mother arrived at the scene and was directed there as well.

“We learnt the boy had mental issues because people who knew him confirmed that he was fond of going to hide and doing strange things,” Becky added.

She went on to explain that one of their neighbours claimed to have seen the naked boy running towards their compound at about 11 pm on Wednesday, December 7, 2016, and although they are yet to ascertain how the boy had gotten into the wall, it is speculated that Aduragbemi climbed their fence and fell in between.

ALSO READ: 14-yr-old girl chained by her parents rescued by police in Lagos

According to Saturday Punch, Aduragbemi is revealed to have been an Indian hemp smoker and has been undergoing treatment for mental illness for the past three years.

He was reportedly taken to a church and following some efforts on their side, his mother was called to take the teenager away.

The Ondo State Police Public Relations Officer, Femi Joseph, said that the mother of the boy was advised to take him for immediate medical care considering the conditions he had been found in.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.