Pulse.ng logo
Go

Sad Indeed 7-month-old baby dies in inferno after mothers locked her indoors

A 7-month-old baby has died in a fire outbreak that consumed her parents home in Lagos.

  • Published:
  play (Pulse)

Join the "sabi" clique. Don't miss a thing, get the latest updates to fuel your conversation daily

By signing up , you agree to our Privacy Policy and European users agree to the data transfer policy



Thank You! You have successfully subscribed to receive pulse.ng daily newsletter.

It was a gory sight to behold as a seven-month-old baby was burnt to death in a fire incident that happened at the highbrow Ikota Housing Estate, in the Lekki area of Lagos State, after her mother locked her inside the room while she was in the kitchen cooking.

The Punch reports that the woman had left the kitchen to pick up something outside when the gas she was cooking with exploded and engulfed the house in a raging fire which could not be put off by other residents and by the time men of the State Fire Service got to the place, the house had been razed to the ground with the toddler burnt to death.

According to a resident, the family had just moved into the apartment few weeks before the sad incident.

The Director of the fire service in the state, Rasak Fadipe, confirmed the incident, saying that firefighters from the Lekki Phase 2 station responded with 10,000 litres of water, but by the time they got there, the damage had been done and there was nothing they could do.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.

X
Advertisement