Pulse.ng logo

Revealed The Orekoyas actually paid for the release of their kids from kidnappers

Contrary to reports by the police that the Orekoya family did not pay any ransom for the release of their kids kidnapped by a nanny they employed, the family has come out to declare that money actually exchanged hands.

  • Published:
The kids and their mother play

The kids and their mother


Join the "sabi" clique. Don't miss a thing, get the latest updates to fuel your conversation daily

By signing up , you agree to our Privacy Policy and European users agree to the data transfer policy

Thank You! You have successfully subscribed to receive pulse.ng daily newsletter.

Despite earlier claims by the police that no money exchanged hands between the abductors of the Orekoya kids and the family, it has been revealed that the family actually paid the sum of N2.5 million after they were able to negotiate downwards from the N15 million that was the initial demand of the kidnappers.

Adebisi Orekoya, the mother of the kids, finally revealed that the family parted with amount as ransom to have their children released to them by the abductors.

She was speaking to a group of working mothers in Lagos at the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) Conference and Exhibition Centre, Alausa.

"When they demanded N15 million, I told them that we could not afford it and they later reduced it to N13 million but we still told them we could not afford it.

They then gave me an option of paying ransom for only one kid. They asked me to choose the one I love the most and pay the ransom for his release.

But how could I choose one and leave any behind? I did not give birth to the three of them in one day. The police told me to keep begging them so that they can be online and enhance the tracing.

With their calls, the police were able to trace them to Sasha but couldn’t narrow it down to their particular location.

When they finally agreed to what we had, they sent a GTbank account number to us and we paid in N2.5million as instructed.

We then sent him a text message that we had paid in the money. He said he would confirm first to know if we flagged the account and then get back to us.

He later called back by 3 pm and said he has confirmed payment. He told us to go to Ogijo and pick our kids but when we got there, he said he was already in Sagamu."

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.