Pulse.ng logo

Pulse Nigeria Poll Readers say it is best to seek help if a partner goes off sex

71% of Pulse Nigeria Poll voters say it is best a couple who are experiences difficulties with their sex lives to see experts.

  • Published:
A frustrated man needs advice play

A frustrated man needs advice

(Getty Images)

A troubled reader, Aaron Ike, is worried that his wife has suddenly become disinterested in sex and he does not want to cheat on her, hence he wrote in to seek for advice.

Read his letter here:

"My name is Aaron Ike and I have been married to the most wonderful woman any man can dream of, for five years now but in the last one year, we have been having issues that is threatening our marriage.

When we got married, Jenny was very enthusiastic about sex and we had a wonderful sex life but after our first baby, she gradually lost her sexual appetite.

At first, I thought it had to be the stress of weaning a baby but it continued and almost one year down the line, she has lost interest in sex completely and these days, I practically beg her for sex and even at such times, she would be so detached that it would seem I would be making love to a log of wood.

We have spoken to our family doctor and a psychologist friend of mine all to no avail. I am so frustrated that I want to get a girlfriend outside to satisfy me sexually but I know she would be hurt if she finds out.

What do I do to get over this problem?


The teaser for the day was:

What would you do if sex with your spouse is frustrating?

How Nigeria voted:

30% - I would get a sex partner outside

2% - I would divorce him/her instead of committing adultery

71% - I will seek help from experts

How would you vote?

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.