Pulse has compiled 15 quotes from Pastor Adeboye's video which has been generating mixed reactions among Nigerians.
In a video from the previous edition of the 64th RCCG Convention, Pastor Adeboye, (popularly called "Daddy G.O" by his members) gave tips on relationship as well as the expected lifestyle of his church members.
In case you missed it, Pulse has compiled a list of 15 notable quotes from the video.
1. Don’t marry a girl who cannot cook, she needs to know how to do chores and cook because you cannot afford to be eating out all the time.
2. Don’t marry a girl who is lazy.
3. Don’t marry a girl who is worldly! If you do, you have carried what you’ll worship for the rest of your life.
4. Don’t ever marry outside the church and you have no reason to marry outside RCCG. The reason is that if you are both from the same church even when trouble comes it is easier for the pastors to handle it!
5. My beloved daughters, don't marry a man who has no job.
6. Before God gave Eve to Adam, He gave him a job. He said this is the garden, keep it! Those who come to you and say 'sister, thou saith the Lord, you are going to be the star in my firmament' ask them 'what is you job'?
7. If he tells you (lady) that he is a contractor, ask him to show you evidence of all the contracts he has done. Because the contract he is talking about may be you. He wants to eat you off! Don't be a fool!
8. If he has no steady source of income, DON'T MARRY HIM until he gets a job first!
9. A man is to provide for the house, not the other way round. If he has no income, he should not marry.
10. Those who do not work should not eat. If they do not eat, then they cannot marry.
11. No RCCG pastor should be seen to be involved in arranging marriages among brethren in the church.
12. Anybody who brings tribalism into the church should either leave the church immediately or will soon die like Annanais and Sapphira.
13. Despite the economic situation, we are not owing anybody any salary.
14. He frowned at pastors growing beards; "I don’t want to see any of my pastors looking like fellows from the training camps of Al-Qaeda," he said.
15. He emphasised the need for pastors in other parts of the country to encourage the locals to sing and rejoice in their local dialects saying; "No pastor has the church’s blessing to impose Yoruba songs as part of the church service in other parts of the country."
See video clips from Twitter below:
Meanwhile, some Nigerians have been reacting to the advice dished out by the popular Man of God.
Do you agree with Pastor Adeboye? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.