27-yr-old Nigerian man dupes 70-yr-old Internet lover of N3m

Another young Nigerian Internet fraudster has been nabbed by the EFCC for duping a 70-year-old Germain lady.

Onyena Sunday Chidiebere

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), have apprehended a 27-year-old Internet fraudster, Sunday Onyena Chidiebere, after he allegedly duped a 70-year-old German Internet lover, named Marie, of 14,250 euro (about N3,063,750).

Chidieber was nabbed by the operatives of the anti-graft agency in Abuja on March 26, 2015, when he went to claim the money.

The EFCC Head of Media and Publicity, Wilson Uwujaren, stated in a press release that the suspect who is a promoter and event manager based in FCT, had met the victim on a social media platform in 2011 and after chatting for a while, they developed an online relationship.

It was in the course of the said relationship that he started making financial demands from the old lady with the purpose of processing a visa to enable him visit her in Germany.

The victim, on several occasions, sent money to Chidiebere to meet his demands but after an endless wait for him to go over and meet her, she realised that she had been scammed and sent a petition to the EFCC. The body swung into action and in the process, encouraged her to send another sum of money and he was arrested in the process of retrieving it.


Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng

Recommended articles

Doctors remove twins from newborn baby girl's stomach (photos)

Nollywood veteran Rachel Oniga is dead

“I can’t take it” – Ghanaian lady flees from man she met online due to big 'joystick' (video)

5 awkward problems you get for sleeping with a close friend

BBNaija 2021: Housemates party hard after winning 1st task

Van Vicker finally graduates from university after 24 years

Nigeria’s basketball team lose their opening game at Tokyo Olympic Games

Badagry Slave Route: Slaves passed these 5 notable stops on their journey of no return

'Kings of Jo'burg' star Shona Ferguson dies from Covid-19 complications