Pulse.ng logo

Let Her Go Family of late Lagos Pharmacist's wife cry out over her long detention

Though the body of the Lagos pharmacist who allegedly committed suicide has been paid to rest, his embattled wife is still in detention.

  • Published:
Late Paul Oalafer and his wife Busayo play

Late Paul Oalafer and his wife Busayo


Join the "sabi" clique. Don't miss a thing, get the latest updates to fuel your conversation daily

By signing up , you agree to our Privacy Policy and European users agree to the data transfer policy

Thank You! You have successfully subscribed to receive pulse.ng daily newsletter.

The family of Busayo Olafare, the wife of the Lagos Pharmacist, Paul Olafare, who allegedly committed suicide on Sunday, April 12, 2015, are not happy that their daughter is still being detained by the police pending when the autopsy report carried out on the deceased corpse is released, especially since the late Olafare has been buried.

The family is not happy that Busayo should still be in detention when she has not been indicted of murdering her husband like his family want the world to believe.

Her father, Babatunde Taiwo, is of the belief that since preliminary evidences had shown that Busayo had no hand in her husband's death, she should be released so that she can take care of her two young children.

"We are clamouring for the release of our daughter since the corpse of her late husband has been buried.

There is no need for the police to keep her in detention and there is no point tying her long detention to an unreleased autopsy report.

Also preliminary evidences have shown that Busayo has no hands in the death of her husband, it is a clear case of suicide."

Recall that the alleged suicide by Olafare by drinking poisonous substance has been mired in controversy as his family have refused to buy the idea that he could kill himself but his wife maintains that he actually committed suicide owing to a huge debt profile that has been hanging on his neck.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Kenneth Nwosu, has however revealed that the autopsy had been carried out but the result had not been officially sent to the command, stressing that necessary investigations would be carried out as soon as the reports got to the command.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.