The victim was a widower who was burnt to death inside his house, leaving behind two children aged between seven and ten years.
It was a tragic end for 75–year-old widower, Lamina Ishola who died as a result of fire outbreak inside his home.
Punch reported the incident which happened last Thursday (7 January, 2016) started off after the deceased who was sick at that moment by accident kicked a bush-lantern placed by his side while sleeping.
It was gathered that the fire started 9:30pm on the said day, which immediate spread and engulfed the whole house but it was too late for old Lamina to save himself.
“Someone probably took a lantern to Ishola because electricity supply to the house had been disconnected because of his inability to pay the bills.
“May be he accidentally kicked the lantern and that resulted not fire which burnt him to death. His remains were buried on Friday.” Said Oseni a relatives of the deceased.
The fire victim was said to have burnt to death inside the house leaving behind two children aged between seven and ten years.