A family of four were burnt to death inside their home after their father mistakenly dropped a burning stick of cigarette near gallons of fuel.
A family of four was burnt to death after fuel explosion, it was a tragic scene for the residents of Gado-Nasko area of Kubwa in Abuja last night Friday November 20, 2015.
As reported by dailypost a family of four were burnt to death inside their home after their father mistakenly dropped a burning stick of cigarette near gallons of fuel.
The incident happened at midnight after Chinedu Elliot who had reportedly kept three gallons of fuel for his car at home due to the recent fuel scarcity.
According to a resident identified as Afolayan,
“Nigeria don do their worse. My neighbour, all of us na hustlers we be, i last saw him at about 11: 15 p.m when I was by my balcony and he took a walk out, saying he wanted to smoke some sticks of cigarette before retiring for the day. I’m sure he later came to sit close to where he stored the fuel but failed to quench his cigarette properly before going in,”
“Operatives of fire service could not be reached. We persistently called to no avail. We used everything we could to stop the fire. The fire even extended to my house but it didn’t cause much damage,” he added.
The fire victims were burnt beyond recognition Elliot, his pregnant wife and two children.
Confirming the fire outbreak,
A police officer attached to the Kubwa Police Command, Cpl Magaji Ismail, speaking on behalf of the Divisional Police Officer, DPO, Chief Superintendent Nurrudeen Sabo said
“Seeing all these, what can I possibly say? I’m not disposed to utter any statement but I must say this is tragic”.