Pulse.ng logo
Go

Fatal shot Girl electrocuted to death after trying to take selfie atop a train

A teenager burst into flames when she accidentally touched an electrical field while trying to take the ‘ultimate selfie’ on top of a train.

  • Published:

Join the "sabi" clique. Don't miss a thing, get the latest updates to fuel your conversation daily

By signing up , you agree to our Privacy Policy and European users agree to the data transfer policy



Thank You! You have successfully subscribed to receive pulse.ng daily newsletter.

Anna Ursu, 18, went to the train station in the northern Romanian town of Iasi in the hope of taking a ‘special’ selfie to post on Facebook.

But she accidentally touched the electrical field of a live wire with her leg while lying on top of the train, sending 27,000 volts through her body and causing her to burst into flames while her friend was sent flying through the air.

A passer-by attempted to save Anna and extinguish her flaming clothes, but the 18-year-old died in hospital with more than 50 percent burns.Her friend, 17, is recovering in hospital.

play Anna Ursu atop the train

 

The passer-by who attempted to save Anna said he knew the dangers and called for the girls to get down when he saw them on top of the train.

They failed to hear him, however, and moments later, he heard a bang – and Anna burst into flames.

 A hospital spokesman was reported to have said that coming into contact with an electrical field can be just as dangerous as touching a live wire.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.

X
Advertisement