Adeyemi Ogunleye, a 65-year-old man in Ondo State, has been electrocuted while trying to make an illegal electricity connection to his apartment.
The deceased, on Saturday, July 30, 2016, was found dead on top of a roof while holding a live electrical cable, which evidently led to his death.
Information gathered from an eyewitness who spoke to Punch News indicated that the victim was holding an electric cable as he was trying to make the illegal connection.
At the time he was doing this, there was no power supply. Unfortunately, electricity was restored while the victim was still battling with the process.
Giving an account of the incident, the witness said, “We woke this morning (Saturday) to see him on top of the roof of the house, I think he was trying to illegally connect a wire from his house to the electric pole in front of the house because there was no light in the area at that time."
“But in the process of doing this, the BEDC supplied power to the area and he died instantly because we saw him holding a live wire and before anybody got there, he has given up the ghost.”
Following the incident, men from the state fire service were invited to the scene, but they reportedly refused to help move the corpse of the man from the roof where he laid.
His son and a few other people eventually took up the responsibility of bringing him down.