A tricycle operator in Akwa Ibom State has been thrown into serious pains after he lost two of his children to a fire disaster caused by kerosene explosion.
According to Akwa Ibom Trending, the incident occurred in the home of a tricycle operator, Nsikak Michael, a resident of Ikono Ibom Clan in Uyo Local Government Area of the state, who also suffered severe burns from the inferno.
The victim who also operates a small poultry farm near his house, narrated that he wanted to add kerosene to a lantern it exploded and before he knew it, the lantern exploded, resulting in the death of two of his three children.
“I bought kerosene from a filling station along Idoro road as I closed from my Keke business.
Upon getting home, I decided to light up the lantern in my poultry farm to keep my birds warm but needed to top up the kerosene in the lamp as it was soon going off.
So I came out of the poultry farm just as my kids followed. As I attempted to light up the lantern, there was a loud explosion with a big flame of fire which left me unconscious.”
It was gathered that one of the two young children died few hours after, while the other died the following day at the University of Uyo Teaching Hospital (UUTH), where they were rushed to treatments.