Pulse.ng logo

Double Disaster Siblings die in kerosene explosion in Akwa Ibom

A tricycle operator in Akwa Ibom State has been thrown into serious pains after he lost two of his children to a fire disaster caused by kerosene explosion.

  • Published:
A scene of explosion play

A scene of explosion


Two children of the same parents were burnt to death in a fire accident caused by a kerosene explosion in Akwa Ibom State on Monday, October 31, 2016.

Also Read: "Help!: 9-yr-old explosion victim needs aid [Very Graphic Photos]"

According to Akwa Ibom Trending, the incident occurred in the home of a tricycle operator,  Nsikak Michael, a resident of Ikono Ibom Clan in Uyo Local Government Area of the state, who also suffered severe burns from the inferno.

The victim who also operates a small poultry farm near his house, narrated that he wanted to add kerosene to a lantern it exploded and before he knew it, the lantern exploded,  resulting in the death of two of his three children.

“I bought kerosene from a filling station along Idoro road as I closed from my Keke business.

Upon getting home, I decided to light up the lantern in my poultry farm to keep my birds warm but needed to top up the kerosene in the lamp as it was soon going off.

So I came out of the poultry farm just as my kids followed. As I attempted to light up the lantern, there was a loud explosion with a big flame of fire which left me unconscious.”

Also Read: "Tragic: Kerosene explosion claims life of 15-year-old boy in Benin"

It was gathered that one of the two young children died few hours after, while the other died the following day at the University of Uyo Teaching Hospital (UUTH), where they were rushed to treatments.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.