Pulse.ng logo
Go

Deadly Addiction 19-yr-old girl dies after swallowing chewing gum

This is a warning to girls who love chewing gum: a 19-year-old girl has died after chewing too many gums.

  • Published:
Samantha Jenkins play

Samantha Jenkins

(Daily Mail)

Ladies who love chewing gum should take this very serious as a 19-year-old South Wales girl, Samantha Jenkins, has reportedly died after chewing too many gums and swallowing some of them.

Jenkins died in a hospital days after having a violent seizure owing to the eruption of the gum in her stomach. Doctors found large lumps of chewing gum in her stomach which prevented her body from absorbing the vital minerals it needs.

It was reported that before her death, Jenkins was eating at least 14 sticks of mint flavoured chewing gum every day and at the inquest into her death, the coroner, Colin Phillips said:

"Sam had normal eating habits but did chew gum to excess. Sam’s death was due to complications arising from convulsions, due to electrolyte imbalance, due to malabsorption.

Excessive consumption of chewing gum may have played a role in inducing this lack of minerals and mineral depletion."

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.

X
Advertisement