Man almost lost his life after snake he was taking selfie with struck

A man in the United States almost lost his life after the poisonous snake he was taking selfies with struck and bit him.

Snake selfie gone wrong

A California, USA man, Todd Fassler, barely managed to survive sure death after he was bitten by a poisonous rattle snake he wrapped around his arm and taking selfies with.

Fassler was rushed to a hospital and given numerous doses of anti-venom before he could come out of coma after several hours.

He was also left with a large hospital bill of $150,000, because the hospital ran out of anti-venom and had to the reserves from two hospitals in order to save his life.

The anti-venom alone cost more than $80,000 while the laboratory test cost more than $20,000. He also had to pay more than $17,000 for using the Intensive Care Unit.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng

Recommended articles

Wizkid took his friends to dinner and spent N3.6M

Odion Ighalo's estranged wife Sonia congratulates him on the arrival of his child from another woman

'You had no kobo na package we dey package' - Iyabo Ojo's ex PA says as they drag each other on Instagram

Married woman and illicit lover get stuck after sex until her husband arrives (Watch)

Tope Alabi apologises to fellow gospel singer Adeyinka Alaseyori following the criticism of her record

Olamide visits the Caribbean and delivers timeless music for you on ‘UY Scuti’ [Pulse Album Review]

Iyabo Ojo calls out her bestie Omo Brish on IG for throwing shades at her

Ikeja tanker explosion: 3 bodies recovered, 13 injured and 25 vehicles burnt

Report shows Nigeria is one of the least peaceful countries in the world