After seven seasons, who does Alicia end up with? Was Peter found guilty or innocent? Check out five things you should know about finale.
After seven seasons, the critically acclaimed CBS Legal drama which aired its first episode on September 22, 2009, wrapped up.
Check out five things that happened in finale titled "End", and here's how Twitter reacted.
1. Will Gardner (Josh Charles), who died in the fifth season of The Good Wife, returned -in Alicia’s imagination. "I’ll love you forever,” Alicia said to him.
2. Alicia helped Peter escape jail time, although he had to resign the governorship.
3. Alicia goaded Lucca into asking Diane's husband, Curt (Gary Cole), to admit to an extramarital affair.
4. Alicia ended the series single. She dropped Peter's hand at the Press Conference to chase down her new love interest, Jason (Jeffrey Dean Morgan), who unfortunately failed to turn up.
5. Alicia also lost her friendship with Diane, as the later slapped her for goading Lucca into asking Kurt about the affair and humiliating the couple in court.
Check out Twitter reactions to the finale below;
The show which revolved around the character Alicia Florrick, aired its first episode on September 22, 2009.
When a very public sex and political-corruption scandal lands her husband, Peter, in prison, Alicia Florrick (Julianna Margulies ) must get past the humiliation and betrayal and assume responsibility for her family. She resumes her career as a defense attorney, shedding her persona as the embarrassed wife of a politician, and takes charge of her destiny. Years later, after Peter wins the gubernatorial election, Alicia must balance her evolving career and family responsibilities with her new position as first lady of Illinois.
Watch a clip from "The Good Wife" below.