Yesterday, April, 24, was Stella Damasus' birthday, and to celebrate her, we have shared 10 things every true fan should know about her.
Stella Damasus is a veteran Nollywood star popular for movies like "Abused," "Abandoned," "Submission," "Engagement Night" among others.
Yesterday, April, 24, was filmmaker's birthday, and to celebrate her, we have shared 10 things every true fan should know about her.
1. Born on April 24, 1978, Stella Damasus was born in Benin City, Edo State in Nigeria.
2. Damasus married her first husband, Jaiye Aboderin, in 1999. The couple had two daughters before Jaiye passed away in 2004.
3. Damsus re-married in 2007 to Emeka Nzeribe. The marriage lasted for seven months before a divorce in 2011.
ALSO READ: TOP 5 MOVIES FEATURING STELLA DAMASUS
4. The actress is currently a partner to the award-winning Nollywood producer and director Daniel Ademinokan.
5. Damasus started her career as a singer in Lagos where she used to work as a studio session singer at Klink Studios, owned by filmmaker Kingsley Ogoro.
ALSO READ: 5 NOLLYWOOD MOVIES WITH A DEEP MESSAGE
6. The actress graduated from University of Lagos where she studied Theatre Arts.
7. The talented actress made her acting debut in 1992 in the movie "Abused."
8. The movie "Breaking Point" shot her into limelight. The movie was produced by the talented Emem Isong, and directed by the late Francis Agu.
9. On April 24, 2016, the actress released her gospel album titled ''The Alternative.''
10. Her family name was changed from Ojukwu to Damasus during the Nigeria/Biafra civil war, because they were mistaken as relatives to the late Biafran warlord, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu.
Watch actress in "Affairs of the Heart" trailer below.