Pulse Movies has put together seven things you should know about the Eric Aghimienmovie which makes its debut soon.
7 things you should know about new Nollywood action film
The action thriller genre is quite an untapped one in Nollywood, but, "Slow Country" is about to save the genre this year.
1. Directed by Eric, "Slow Country" will make its debut on Friday, May 19, 2017.
2. "Slow Country" was supposed to be Aghimien's first movie, but, because of insufficient funds, the filmmaker chose to write and produce the award winning "A Mile from Home" first.
3. In "Slow Country," a homeless teenage mother, who gets herself trapped in prostitution and drug trafficking for seven years in order to secure a good life for her son, decides to quit.
However, her boss, a ruthless human and drug trafficker is not ready to let go of his most trusted cash cow.
4. The upcoming movie stars Majid Michel, Richards Brutu, Sambasa Nzeribe, Ivie Okujaye, Tope Tedela among others.
5. The movie secured Sambasa his second consecutive Africa Magic Viewers Choice Award - this time around in the Best Actor in a Drama category.
6. Ivie Okujaye, who played the lead actress was also nominated in the Best Actress category for her role in the movie.
7. "Slow Country" won the Audience Choice Award at the 2016 Africa International Film Festival.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: