The show tells the story of Frank Underwood, a Democrat from South Carolina's 5th congressional district and House Majority Whip, who after being passed over for appointment as Secretary of State, initiates an elaborate plan to get himself into a position of greater power, aided by hi wife Claire Underwood.
Frank Underwood is ruthless, powerful, domineering, treacherous, but you just have to agree that he says some noteworthy things when he decides to go 'deep' and 'inspiring.'
Check out 10 times Frank Underwood delivered best quotes on "Home of Cards."
Here we go;
1. "The road to power is paved with hypocrisy, and casualties"
2. "What a martyr craves more than anything is a sword to fall on. So you sharpen the blade, hold it at just the right angle, and then 3, 2, 1... "
3. “There are two kinds of pain. Good pain – the sort of pain that motivates, that makes you strong. Then there’s bad pain – useless pain, the sort of pain that’s only suffering. I welcome the former. I have no patience for the latter.”
4. “It only takes ten seconds to crush a man’s ambitions.”
ALSO READ: undefined
5. “How quickly poor grades are forgotten in the shadow of power and wealth.”
6. “There are two types of Vice Presidents – doormats and matadors. Which do you think I intend to be?”
7. “I always loathed the necessity of sleep. It puts the most powerful of men on their backs.”
8. "If you don’t like how the table is set, turn over the table.”
9. “The road to power is paved with hypocrisy and casualties. Never regret.”
10. “Power is a lot like real estate. It’s all about location, location, location. The closer you are to the source, the higher your property value.”