Today, March 7 is Pete Edochie's birthday, and to celebrate the veteran, we are sharing 10 things every true fan should know about him.
Pete Edochie is a Nollywood veteran popular for his roles in movies like "Things Fall Apart," "Igodo," "Evil Men," "Rituals" among others.
Today, March 7 is the actor's birthday, and to celebrate the veteran, we are sharing 10 things every true fan should know about him.
Here we go;
1. The actor was born on March 7, 1947.
2. The veteran came into limelight for playing Okonkwo in the screen adaptation of Chinua Achebe's "Things Fall Apart" in the 1980s.
4. On August 16, 2009, Pete Edochie was kidnapped. He was released on August 17, 2009.
5. Pete Edochie is married with children among who are Nollywood actors Yul Edochie and Linc Edochie.
6. In 2014, the actor won the Merit Award by the AfricaMagic Viewers Choice Award (AMVCA), for his contribution towards the growth of the film sector in Africa.
7. In a recent interview with Daily Trust, the actor revealed "Things Fall Apart" as his most challenging movie role ever.
8. In 2006, he received a national award from the then president, Olusegun Obasanjo.
9. His saddest moments were on the August 4, 1965, when he lost his elder brother, and in 1974 when he lost his second son.
10. The actor has a phobia for flying.
ALSO READ : 4 FACTS ABOUT "LIVING IN BONDAGE."