After the eighth and final season of "Game of Thrones," the story of Westeros will continue in spin-offs.
As the most watched series on HBO history, a spinoff to the fantasy drama has been predicted severally by fans of the show.
A spin-off or probably spin-offs are on the way and Pulse Movies has put together five important things you should know;
1. On Thursday, May 5, 2017, HBO announced that it has commissioned four different writers to develop spin-offs that will “explore different time periods of George RR Martin’s vast and rich universe”.
2. These four writers are Max Borenstein, Jane Goldman, Brian Helgeland and Carly Wray.
3. George Martin, the creator and author of the books that the series is based on, is also on board and would be involved in scripting.
4. "Game of Thrones" showrunners D. B. Weiss and David Benioff are on board as executive producers.
5. There is no set timetable for these already anticipated spin-off.
Season 7 of “Game of Thrones” is set to premiere July 16.
Its eighth and final season, which will premiere in 2018, will have only six episodes.