Cookie and her gang are back! Fox's 'Empire' returned for its sophomore season, and as expected, things are still dramatic with the Lyons.
The second season of FOX's 'Empire' returned with lots of drama, feuds, back stabs, and murder.
If you were wondering what the show had to offer upon its return, then check out note worthy things that happened on show;
1. Cookie, Hakeem, Andre and Anika thought they’d succeeded a hostile takeover of Empire Entertainment, using $250 million from investor and new comer on show, Mimi Whiteman.
2. Bad news is, Mimi changed sides, teaming up with Jamal and Lucious, who is still imprisoned, to retain their position.
3. Jamal suspended Hakeem’s record as payback, and froze out his mother Cookie, who gave him a slap while expressing her fear that he would turn out to be just like his father.
4. Lucious and Cookie’s drug lord boss, Frank Gathers played by newcomer Chris Rock, not only found himself in jail with Lucious, he also found out it was Cookie who once snitched on him.
5. As payback, Frank had the head of Cookie’s cousin delivered to her apartment door, leaving Cookie rattled.
Cookie had to pay a visit to Lucious, who turned Gathers’ allies into his enemy, and had hi murdered.
'Empire' stars Terrence Howard, Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett, Grace Gealey, Ta’Rhonda Jones, Kaitlin Doubleday, Bryshere Y. Gray among others.
So, what are your thoughts on 'Empire'? Do you think Jamal would turn out to be just like his father?
Watch cast and crew dish out on what to expect from show;