How well do you know your favourite series "Empire?" Check out 10 things you should know about the much talked about show.
We have put together 10 things every die-hard fan of the show should know.
Here we go;
1. The show is set to return for its Season two spring premiere today, Wednesday, March 30, 2016.
2. The season two mid-season ended with the board voting out Lucious as CEO (thanks to Hakeem’s vote), Camilla announced as Mimi's proxy while she is away for cancer treatment, Jamal and Lucious nominated for song of the year, and Rhonda severely injured as she was pushed down the stairs by an unknown assailant in her house.
ALSO READ: TOP 4 STEAMIEST MOVIE SCENES OF 2015
3. "Empire" centers around a hip hop music and entertainment company, Empire Entertainment, and the drama among the members of the founders' family as they fight for control of the company.
4. “Empire" Original Soundtrack from the first season was released in March 2015, and debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Top 200 chart, making history as the first soundtrack to debut atop the Billboard R&B/Hip Hop chart.
5. The above mentioned album has sold more than 1.7 million singles and 411,000 albums to date.
6. With 35 nominations, the FOX show is the most-nominated television series this season, and recently was named a Top 10 Television Program of the Year by the American Film Institute.
7. In 2016, Taraji P Henson won Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Drama.
8. "Empire" earned a Grammy Award nomination for Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media.
ALSO READ: TOP 4 STEAMIEST 'GAME OF THRONES' SCENES
9. "Empire" stars Terrence Howard, Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett, Bryshere “Yazz” Gray, Trai Byers, Grace Gealey, Kaitlin Doubleday, Gabourey Sidibe, Ta’Rhonda Jones and Serayah McNeill.
It has also featured guest appearances by celebrities like Chris Rock, Alicia Keys, Marisa Tomei, Naomi Campbell, Ludacris, Adam Rodriguez, Vivica A. Fox, Rosie O’ Donnell and Andre Royo.
10. The show was the number 1 series on broadcast television among adults 18 - 49, averaging 21.2 million viewers across various platforms.
Watch "Empire" trailer below.