Who is Deyemi Okanlawon? Today, April 9, is the actor's birthday. Check out 9 things you should know about the "Gidi Up" actor.
Today, April 19, 2016 is the actor's birthday, and to celebrate him, Pulse Nigeria has put together nine things every fan should know about him.
Here we go;
1. If he weren't acting and entertaining you, he would still be selling Baker’s World cupcakes.
2. The talented actor is passionate about two things - acting out beautifully crafted stories on film and stage, and helping small businesses grow.
3. Before becoming a full time actor in 2013, Okanlawon had a career in Sales and Marketing.
4. The actor attended New York film academy in collaboration with Del-York.
5. His role models in the industry include Hlomla Dandala, Majid Michel, Rita Dominic, Joke Silva, Oc Ukeje, Blossom Chukwujekwu, Gabriel Afolayan and Lala Akindoju.
6. Okanlawon is a graduate of Chemical Engineering from University of Lagos.
7. The "Beyond Blood" actor got married to Dami in 2013. "We went to school together, University of Lagos Chemical Engineering department; we just never ever got to talk," he said in an interview with Pulse Nigeria. "She was two years below. We met again at a mutual friend’s wedding and we started talking, and I realized that for the first time I actually had the one person I could connect with."
8. In 2013, he won the award for Best Actor in a Short Film at the In-Short Film Festival for Tolu Ajayi’s psychological thriller, "Blink."
9. His pet peeve is time wasting.
Happy birthday to the talented actor. Watch Deyemi in "Beyond Blood" below.