AMAA CEO responded to those criticizing the Africa Movie Academy Awards, and comparing it to the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards. Check out 6 things she said.
Following the 2016 edition of the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards, critics came for the Africa Movie Academy Awards, comparing the two awards.
Following the criticisms and negative comments directed at AMAA, the CEO of the awards body, Peace Anyiam-Osigwe, has written to those who have 'issues with what they don't understand.'
Check out six things Anyiam-Osigwe said in her letter below;
1. The Africa Film Academy established the African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) in 2004 and held the first of the awards ceremony in 2005.
2. In 2009, 2010 and 2011, the Academy felt it needed to have a People’s Choice attached to the awards. This was in later part due to the apparent difficulty for seemingly popular films to win.
ALSO READ: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT 2016 AMAA
3. AMAA is without doubt, the most transparent Academy - based awards in Africa.
4. If the support of proper sponsorship is put behind this Award that has over the last 11 years continuously celebrated filmmakers from all over Africa, they would be able to overcome some of their challenges, which include logistics.
5. They get to watch all films submitted from start to finish. Over 100 different people watch the films from all over the world before they go to the Academy Jurors to decide the nominees.
6. Africa Magic is one of the major media partners of AMAA 2016.
You can read her full letter here.
What are your thoughts on the Africa Movie Academy Awards?