Stylish, leggy and with an abundance of cheer, Studio 53's Eku Edewor strolled into our Pulse Nigeria office with a ready smile and full of chatter.
"I need to learn your style of Shoki" she said to a colleague when we launched into an impromptu Shoki dance session in the studio, quickly wriggling her body in imitation as she tried out the dance step. Such is the disposition of the Flower Girl actress who, by her own admission is often misjudged to be arrogant but is in fact quite friendly and chatty.
Born Georgina Eku Edewor-Thorley, the slim beauty who didn't set out to become a television presenter merely stumbled on the job after she came to Nigeria to be with her mother after her step father passed away. Since then, there's been no slowing down for her.
Here's 5 things you probably didn't know about Eku Edewor...
- Health Food Buff: Eku revealed that the secret to her svelte figure is eating healthy, no work outs for her. Eku who also admitted that she's obsessed with anti-aging products revealed that she's constantly researching on ways to beat the aging process in addition to eating healthy - anything to preserve that gorgeous self.
- Mixed Parentage: Eku is infact of mixed parentage, her mother Juliana Edewor who owns The Green Room restaurant and Chardonnay is from the well-known Edewor family in Delta state while her father is a British man. As such she spent her formative years in both countries, having been born in England but raised in Nigeria till she left back for England at 13.
- Trained Actress: Upon graduation from university, Eku went to the New York Film Academy to train to become an actress. She's since featured in a few plays both in England and Nigeria, she also starred in the 2013 hit movie, Flower Girl .
- She's Got Brains: Much more than a pretty face, Eku graduated with a second class upper degree in Theatre/English Literature from the prestigious University of Warwick before proceeding to the United States for her course in acting.
- Great Dancer: The Studio 53 presenter certainly knows a thing or two about dancing and even showed off some of her Shoki moves as can be seen in the video above. Check it out!