Join the "sabi" clique. Don't miss a thing, get the latest updates to fuel your conversation daily
Thank You! You have successfully subscribed to receive pulse.ng daily newsletter.
In 2010, a dapper, young man burst onto the Nigerian music scene with cheeky lyrics and a love for well-tailored suits. Female hearts across the nation ran aflutter as many scrambled to get a piece of him. 5 years later, Chucky Edozien aka Lynxxx still holds the spot as one of the sexiest artistes on the scene.
When he's not setting female hearts aflutter on stage, the Syndik8 Records boss gets busy with graphics and other IT-related gigs which he runs aside his music business. Surprised? There's more. Here are 5 things you probably didn't know about Lynxxx.
- He's the only son...with 5 sisters in tow: Born to the family of Chief John D. Edozien, Lynxxx's father was the former governor of the now defunct Bendel state and sits on the board of several companies including Mercedes Benz Automobile Service Limited, he's also a non-executive director of Diamond Bank. What's most interesting though is Lynxxx happens to be the only son among 5 sisters including popular make-up artiste Elaine Shobanjo aka Shomya.
- He's got Ghanaian roots: Lynxxx's mother is partly Ghanaian which gives him part heritage in that country. He also explained this was the reason behind him using Ghanaian actress/media personality, Jocelyn Dumas in his 'Fine Lady' video.
- Qualified web/graphic designer: Asides being a music artiste, Lynxxx is also a qualified web/graphic design artiste and he actively does projects in this field alongside his music.
- First Nigerian Pepsi ambassador: In 2010, Lynxxx became the first Nigerian artist to be signed by global soft drink giant, Pepsi joining the likes of Beyonce and Britney Spears in this hallowed position.
- He's sworn off alcohol: In an exclusive interview with Pulse, Lynxxx revealed that after a particularly binge-filled trip to the United States, he decided to quit alcohol as part of the steps he took to lose weight. As of now, the 'Jeje' artiste hasn't had alcohol since April, 2014.