Pop star, Kesha on Monday, August 1, 2016 dismissed her California lawsuit against producer, Dr. Luke.
The singer's attorney Daniel M. Petrocelli told press, "Kesha has dismissed her California action without prejudice while she pursues her appeal and other legal claims in the New York courts. Kesha is focused on getting back to work and has delivered 28 new songs to the record label. We have conveyed to Sony Music and the label Kesha’s strong desire to release her next album and single as soon as possible."
Kesha's legal battle started in 2014, when she filed a lawsuit claiming Dr Luke had sexually abused her, forced her to take drugs and was excessively controlling.
A New York judge then denied an injunction to allow her to record with another label. She then beefed up her legal team with Petrocelli and filed an appeal.
"If Kesha is voluntarily dismissing her claims in the California case, it is because she has no chance of winning them," Dr. Luke's attorney Christine Lepera said in a statement. "Earlier this year, she lost her meritless counterclaims against Dr. Luke in the New York Action. Recently, the California Court invited Dr. Luke and the other defendants to move to dismiss Kesha’s claims in that action. Kesha never should have brought her false and meritless claims against Dr. Luke in any court. Dr. Luke’s defamation and other claims against Kesha are still proceeding."
Sony has however refused to comment.