From her days as an On-Air Personality (OAP) at Rhythm 93.7fm, to her current hustle, cinematography, Kemi Adetiba has been an active part of the Nigerian entertainment circle from as young as age 13 - technically.
'Sworn to defend all things visual', the 34-year old is known for her colourful and spunky videos. But there's a lot more to the self-acclaimed 'Bruce Lee of visuals' than she lets on.
Here's 6 things about Kemi Adetiba you probably didn't know.
- Influential background: Born to Dele and Mayen Adetiba, Kemi's father Dele Adetiba is a highly influential media person, having risen to become the CEO of Lintas, a leading advertising agency in Nigeria. Her mother, Mayen Adetiba on the other hand is a Civil Engineer and boasts of several feathers in her cap, including past President, Association of Consultant Engineers (ACEN) and past Vice President, Nigerian Society of Engineers. She was also the first female engineer to be elected into the Executive Committee of the Nigerian Society of Engineers.
- Part Efik: Although Kemi is from the South-West part of Nigeria, she is part-Efik owing to the fact that her mother is from
- Law graduate: Although Kemi is very much a media gal, she actually studied Law in the University of Lagos.
- Her favourite place is Jamaica: We all know that Kemi loves to travel and explore different choices of cuisine, but in all of her travels, she considers Jamaica to be her favourite city. "When I'm in Jamaica, I feel at home, like I have a house down the road" she once revealed in an interview with Pulse. As for cuisine, Nigerian, Caribbean and Italian cuisine pose the ultimate culinary delight for her.
- "Lagos Party" and "More You" are her most memorable videos: The former Soundcity and Studio 53 VJ revealed that "Lagos Party" proved to be a major learning experience for her while she found the response to "More You" overwhelming.
- Germophobe: Kemi considers herself a germophobe. She revealed that she never likes to open doors with her bare hands nor does she walk around bare feet. "I never get on my bed with my street clothes, I have separate night clothes which are just for that and I don't let anyone on my bed in their street clothes either" she revealed in an exclusive interview with Pulse.