Pulse has obtained photos of the suspected robbers who attacked singer Mr. 2kay and robbed him at Eko Hotel and Suites.
JoelKantiock, Burna Boy's road manager, was paraded among the robbery suspects. Their names are Balogun Ademola, Obinna Igwe, and Tunmise Omotore.
According to the press statement released by the Acting Commissioner of Police, Lagos state command Edgal Imohimi, the suspects were paid to N50,000 before the attack on Mr. 2Kay and another N50,000 was paid directly by Burna boy after the job was done.
Imohimi further revealed at a press briefing on Monday, November 20, 2017, that the armed robbery suspects were tracked down after watching the CCTV footage installed in Eko Hotel & Suites.
The ACP went on to give a detailed account of what happened in Mr. 2Kay's room that fateful night.
"At about 2am, someone knocked on the door of Mr. 2Kay’s room and introduced himself as a room service official from the reception. Mr. 2Kay opened the door and four men entered with a gun.
"They robbed him of his Audemars Piguet, an automatic gold wristwatch valued at $25,000; gold jewellery valued at N1.5m; an iPhone 7 valued at N380,000, a Samsung Galaxy S7 valued at N240,000, Samsung Galaxy S5 worth N110,000; Adidas shoes valued at N75,000; three bottles of perfume worth N180,000, and a cash sum of N45,000.
"The gang then tied him and his girlfriend up before leaving the room. During investigations, the girlfriend of one of the gang members, Nimota Mutajero, was arrested. Her confession led to the arrest of three suspects. They confessed that one Damini Ogulu aka Burna Boy, an artiste, through his road manager, one Joel Kantiock, contacted and paid them to rob Mr. 2Kay to teach him a lesson.
"Kantiock was subsequently picked up in his hideout in Zaria, Kaduna State.
"He confessed that his boss, Burna Boy, instructed him to look for armed men that could rob Mr. 2Kay. Burna Boy mobilised the gang with an initial cash sum of N50,000 and a subsequent sum of N50,000 when the job had been completed.
"I advise Ogulu aka Burna Boy, to report himself at the nearest police station since efforts to locate him at his residence or any known hangouts, have proved abortive."
According to Punch, three out of four suspects have confessed to the crime.
Omotore who is the leader of the gang spoke to Punch about the incident. "On that day, I was at home when Joel called me on the telephone and said Mr. 2Kay had to be beaten up. He said Mr. 2Kay had issues with Burna Boy.
"On getting to the hotel, he gave me the room number where Mr. 2Kay was. He led me and three others, including one Sunny, to the elevator and told a security man to open the elevator for us.
"We posed as room service officials, entered his room and beat him up. We tied him up and collected his phones, a wristwatch and some other things. I was paid N50,000."
Igwe backed up Omotore's story but claimed they did not steal Mr. 2kay's personal items. "My friend, Tunmise, contacted me on the telephone. He said Burna Boy told his road manager that he was having a misunderstanding with Mr. 2Kay. I am also a fan of Burna Boy, so I decided to volunteer myself. Tunmise came to pick me at Bariga and we went to the hotel."
Burna Boy's road manager Joel Kantiock however denied that Burna Boy was involved in the incident. He also said that he was not aware that his client and Mr. 2Kay had a dispute.
ALSO READ: Burna boy was never declared wanted says rep
On Monday, November 20, 2017, Burna Boy's publicist told Pulse that her client honoured the police invitation and clarified that he was never declared wanted. She also presented to Pulse the letter of invitation which was sent to Burna boy.
"Burnaboy was invited to the Lagos state police command which he has honored. The invitation came today in the early hours of this morning. He was never arrested. When they invite you to the station, you are sitting down in an office and you are not under any arrest or any of those things and he wasn't declared wanted either," his publicist explained.
When asked if he was told to visit the station again, his publicist says he wasn't asked to return.
Pulse will keep you updated on the latest development surrounding this story.