"She was heading to rehab before her death" aunt Pat Houston reveals

According to Pat Houston, the late Bobbi Kristina Brown was heading into rehab before she was found unconscious in her bathtub in January 2015.

Bobbi Kristina Brown and Pat Houston

According to Pat Houston, the late Bobbi Kristina Brown was heading into rehab before she was found unconscious in her bathtub in January 2015. The only child of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown finally gave up the ghost on July 26, six months after that tragic incident at her home.

"I decided she was going to rehab because that's where we had called to set up for her to go," Kristina's aunt, Houston told PEOPLE magazine. "She didn't make it. She found out that I was coming for her, not to do an intervention, because I didn't want to go through that with her. I just wanted her to come back and talk to me so we could figure out how this was going to take place because she needed to go," she explained.

Houston went on to say: "She was adamant with everyone else that she didn't want to go, but she didn't tell me that. She just texted me: 'I'm coming Auntie Pat, to talk, I love you,' " Houston recalled. "That was the last that I heard from her and that I believe was either on a Wednesday or a Thursday."

Later that week, the 21-year-old was found face-down in the bathtub by her partner, Nick Gordon, in the bathroom of their home in Roswell, Georgia. "It was that Saturday –Saturday morning– I got the call and was told to go to the hospital," Houston said. "I can't even begin to tell you how I was feeling and what I was feeling and still feeling. I didn't know, I didn't know about the hard drugs, the cocaine."

A source familiar with the details of the situation told People back in February that Brown was under the influence of drugs the morning she was found unresponsive in her bathtub, "I didn't know about the coke or the heroin but when I did find out, you know, I addressed it immediately. But, unfortunately, she never made it."

Bobbi Kristina never fully regained consciousness and was being kept on life support following her near-drowning. In March, she was moved to a long-term care facility in the Atlanta area. In June, she was transferred to a hospice after her condition "continued to deteriorate," Pat said in a statement on behalf of the Houston family at the time.


Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng

Recommended articles

Global Citizen Live announces Lagos event hosts Ebuka and Nancy Isime

The official trailer for Inkblot's 'Charge and Bail' is here!

Tonto Dikeh says ex Prince Kpokpogri is planning to expose her nudes

'I’m probably one of the most controversial people on earth' - Tonto Dikeh

Antoi puts Buju on Baka

Hika returns with a new single dubbed 'Ajasco'

Damilola Adegbite explains absence from Nollywood in new interview

Whitney Houston's 'The Bodyguard' is reportedly getting a remake

Tonto Dikeh's ex Kpokpogri accuses her of seizing his SUV worth N67M