Interestingly, many students currently in the Nigerian University System (NUS) know very little about their institutions.
How much do you know about Nigeria's University System?
According to a listing in the website of National Universities Commission, Nigeria has 61 privately-owned universities, 40 Federal universities and 25 state-owned universities.
When visited the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) recently, a few students randomly asked about the institution could not give the correct name of their Vice Chancellor and even many more cdid not know their university’s website.
So how much do you know?
Take this Pulse Quiz and check the answers at the bottom.
1. Which is the oldest University in Nigeria?
a) University of Ibadan
b) University of Abuja
c) University of Benin
d) University of Lagos
2. The current Vice Chancellor of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife is______?
a) Professor S.O Okeniyi
b) Professor A. I. Adeyemi
c) Professor Musa Alabe
d) Professor Bamitale Omole
3. Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna (NDA) was established in what year?
4. Which private university in Nigeria is owned by Davido's father?
a) Adeleke University,Ede.
b) Al-Qalam University, Katsina
c) Davido University, Lagos
d) Caritas University, Enugu
5. Covenant University Ota and _________ are privately owned by the same group.
a) Fountain University, Oshogbo
b) Summit University
c) Landmark University, Omu-Aran
d) Chrisland University
6. What is the full meaning of JAMB?
a) Joint Administration And Monitoring Board
b) Joined Applications Management Board
c) Joint Admissions And Matriculation Board
d) Just Admissions Management Board
7. What is website of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)
How many did you get right? Check the ANSWERS below:
1. A, 2. D, 3. B, 4. A, 5. C, 6. C, 7. A
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: