Chaos as school staff were caught stealing students' used sanitary pads
The accused staff were reportedly nabbed by the students while at the dustbin
This announcement had in turn caused the school to be thrown into a state of pandemonium. The accused staff were reportedly nabbed by the students while at the dustbin on Friday, April 1.
The boarding students, who were in Junior Secondary School (JSS) three and the Senior Secondary School (SSS) three were preparing for the their Junior and Senior West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) examinations so they were the only class of students still in school.
Dailypost gathered that the students immediately made a report to one of the school teachers, who then went on to report to the school principal.
The cooks have reportedly been suspended by the School Principal, Mrs. Florence Ejikeme and had been handed over to police for proper investigation.
The students, were said to have attempted to stage a protest that Friday, but they were calmed by the chairman of the Parents Teachers Association of the school, Mr. Akin Ashimolowo.
During the boarding house Visiting Day, on Saturday, April 2nd, parents who came to see their wards staged a protest against the school management.
One of the parents was said to have called the Police Area commander, who immediately arrived the school.
The students were said to have vowed not to eat the food prepare by the cooks.
A parent anonymously revealed that the suspects had confessed to the crime at the police station.
She said one of the suspects is a wife of a prominent politician in the state and may want to use their ‘connections’ to sweep the matter under the carpet, adding that her child told her that it was not the first time such a thing would be happening in the school and nothing was being done.
She said ”the question we want to ask the police is that, where did they ( suspects) keep all the sanitary pads they have been taking since all these days? Who sent them, who are they working for? ”
The State Police Public Relations Officers, Mr. Femi Joseph, who confirmed the incident, said that the command had commenced investigation into the matter.
Joseph, however, refused to mention names of the two suspects, saying the command had not been able to establish whether or not the suspects used the sanitary pads for ritual purposes as alleged.
Joseph appealed to the students to be calm, assuring that the police would get into the root of the matter.
"The matter is still at the realm of allegation, so as I’m speaking with you we, are still investigating,” Joseph said, while speaking to a Dailypost correspondent.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: