Seek opportunities with your youthful zeal and energy. And there are many of such opportunities in youth, as our beloved Prophet advised: Utilise your Youth before Old Age.
6 ways Muslims can have a rewarding and fulfilling youth
Utilise your Youth before Old Age.
Since new habits take time and consistency, make it a priority so you can capitalize on your youth. Use it for practice upon practice. Don't take your youth for granted.
Here are some simple ways Muslim youths can make their life more fulfilling and rewarding
1. Avoid Complaining. This world is far from perfect and you can't always have what you want. Rather than dwell on what is wrong, focus on the good and be thankful for every blessing of your youth. And remember, this life is a test.
”We test you by good and by evil as a trial” [Q21; V35]
2. Shun Ignorance. You can't worship Allah with incorrect knowledge. If you know Allah, then you can worship Him as He deserves. Seeking knowledge of Allah, the Almighty and Majestic is therefore compulsory on you. Ignorance is not an excuse.
”And know that there is none that is rightfully worshipped except Allah…” [Q47; V19]
3. Make the Qur'an your daily manual. Be consistent with reciting a fixed amount of Qur'an daily. Read, reflect and make sure you act upon what you read.Do not be among those who forget to read or reflect.
”This is the Book (the Qur'an) whereof there is no doubt, a guidance to those who are Al-Muttaqun [The pious and righteous persons who fear Allah much]” [Q2.V2]
4. Uphold the Sunnah. Learn about Prophet Muhammad ; emulate his manners, respect him, obey him and teach others about him. Love his family and companions and stay far away from all that he has prohibited. Do not say – It is ONLY sunnah.
”Say if you love Allah, then follow me: Allah will love you and forgive your sins. Verily, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.” [Q3.V31]
5. Keep good company. Stay with those who remind you of Allah and the Hereafter. Seek companionship of people who bring out the best in you and stay away from toxic individuals – including the haters and complain bags.
”Friends on that day will be enemies of each other, except the righteous” [Q43: V67]
6. Relax. Take some time off to unwind and put your feet up. Don't work 24/7 or run the risk of getting low on your physical and mental energy. You deserve some rest; your body has rights over you.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: