Daystar pastors are proof that you need God for a successful marriage
With a 23-year marriage anniversary, Rev. Sam and Nike Adeyemi show that God is the key to a successful relationship.
In the search for answers, many have turned to their parents, certified and uncertified relationship experts, TV shows and so on.
Unfortunately, very few have turned to God or the Bible. Hence, the growing number of broken homes and divorces all over the word.
In the midst of this failure, Rev. Sam and Nike Adeyemi's recent marriage milestone provides us with a solution to the problem.
Today, May 1st 2017, the Daystar Christian Centre pastors mark their 23rd marriage anniversary.
Sharing the news on Twitter and Instagram, Rev. Sam credited God with the success of his marriage.
"Today I thank for giving me such a precious, loving and beautiful life partner.
You are sweet, caring compassionate and above all full of Love. On this day I would like to cherish with you all the precious moments once again.
Happy Wedding Anniversary my sweetheart. I love you now and always @nikeadeyemi"
She responded with this.
In an Instagram post, Mrs Adeyemi also credited God with her marraige.
Sharing a lovely picture, she wrote, "It's been an amazing journey since the day exactly 24years ago I said "I do" to this handsome young man. We are not perfect at all... is, so I see him and he sees me through the eyes of God's Word. Thank you Lordfor your grace and Love that found us and keeps us going. #24Marriedyears #jesuslovers#hangoutbuddy #bestfriends@thesamadeyemi"
Along with God, Pastor Adeyemi has also shared 12 tips on how to ensure a successful marriage on his website.
1. Have a Plan.
2. Make Quality time for your partner.
3. Quickly Forgive.
4. Listen: Make it a priority in your marriage to not just hear your partner, but listen to what your partner is saying in an effort to understand.
5. Be Sensitive and proactive.
6. Don’t Fall Into The “For Granted Effect”: It’s important to never take your partner for granted.
7. Prayer Is Key: Matthew 18:20 says, “For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”
8. Grow together: The bible says in Amos 3:3, “Do two walk together, unless they have agreed to meet?”
9. Value Leadership: A successful marriage always has a vision, dream, goals, and plans for the future. Lead by example with your spouse and children.
10. Avoid Comparison: Do not get sucked into comparing your wife or husband with other people.
11. Use your words to build one another up every day: Use words and affirmative phrases like: “you are the best”, “I love you”, “thank you”, “I am always proud of you”, and “let me help you with that.”
12. Know your partner’s Love Language.
This blessed couple got married on May 1st 1994 and have been blessed with three children.
Indeed, Rev. Sam and Nike Adeyemi are proof that you can never go wrong with God in your marriage.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: