Lead pastor gifts 5000 widows with N1000 each, clothes

Ashimolowo said he decided to start the celebration with the widows in obedience to the commandment of Jesus Christ on taking care of the needy, especially widows.

Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo says tithing is important

The Senior Pastor of the Kingsway International Christian Centre, Matthew Ashimolowo, has put a smile on faces of the over 5000 widows in Ode Omu and Modakeke areas of Osun State.

Ashimolowo, a native of Ode Omu, continued his yearly ritual of celebrating with widows and making them feel good.

The pastor and his wife, Yemisi, celebrated with the women in a ceremony which began as early as 8am at Kings University. Each of the widows after dinning with influential persons in the society like the Deputy Governor of Osun State, Mrs. Titi Laoye-Tomori, Assistant Inspector General of Police, Mrs. Kalafite Adeyemi, was paid N1,000 transport fare and went home with six yards of either Ankara fabrics of different colours or lace materials. Owa Ajero of Ijeroland, Oba Joseph Adewole, was also in attendance.

This year's ceremony is the 10th one organised by the pastor. The invited widows were given permission to attend with the use of a pass. During the event this year, a young buy was in attendance. The pastor enquired as to how he got his pass and the boy. According to the boy, his mother died less than a month after collecting her pass. The boy, whose mother's death made him an orphan, took the permit and attended the ceremony.

The story moved the pastor who substantially increased his share of the distributed sum.

Ashimolowo said he decided to start the celebration with the widows in obedience to the commandment of Jesus Christ on taking care of the needy, especially widows.

The pastor also advised President Mohammadu Buhari to focus less on the past and more on he future.

“The President should not use more than 20 per cent of his time to pursue corrupt persons. He should spend the remaining 80 per cent to think about the way forward in the interest of majority of the people of the state," he explained.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Unblock notifications in browser settings.

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng

Recommended articles

Falconets vs S. Korea: Time and where to follow the decisive U20WWC match

Falconets vs S. Korea: Time and where to follow the decisive U20WWC match

BBNaija 7: Chichi twerks aggressively on Deji [Video]

BBNaija 7: Chichi twerks aggressively on Deji [Video]

BBNaija: Beauty disqualified from reality TV show

BBNaija: Beauty disqualified from reality TV show

BBNaija 7: Biggie might be swapping housemates today, here's why

BBNaija 7: Biggie might be swapping housemates today, here's why

BBNaija 7: Beauty’s fans weep as Phyna replaces her under the duvet with Groovy

BBNaija 7: Beauty’s fans weep as Phyna replaces her under the duvet with Groovy

Super Eagles star Kenneth Omeruo makes history at Leganes

Super Eagles star Kenneth Omeruo makes history at Leganes

'I didn't mean to disrespect you' – Kizz Daniel apologises to Tanzanian fans, offers free show

'I didn't mean to disrespect you' – Kizz Daniel apologises to Tanzanian fans, offers free show

Jules Kounde: Sevilla break silence on why Chelsea lost to Barcelona

Jules Kounde: Sevilla break silence on why Chelsea lost to Barcelona

BBNaija 7: Khalid, Ilebaye, Phyna, Bryann & Groovy nominated for eviction

BBNaija 7: Khalid, Ilebaye, Phyna, Bryann & Groovy nominated for eviction