Luke 12:48 says: "From everyone who has been given much,much will be required; and from him who has been entrusted with much, even more will be demanded."
6 ways to avoid sexual temptations
Use these tips to protect yourselves from ungodly involvement with ladies.
Men of God (pastors, priests) are entrusted with a huge responsibility, which is the church, the body of Jesus Christ.
For this much, taking care of the God's children, (the flock), much more is demanded from God, and the congregation.
Men of God are held to a higher standard, and expected to live pristine, holy lives, worthy of emulation.
These expectations, combined with the Devil's pitfalls, is no easy feat.
Today, Pulse makes things easy by providing six ways to avoid sexual temptations, one of the many traps used to destroy a lot of men.
1. Fight your impulses by seeking better interests, hobbies, focus and passions. Colossians 3:1-2 says: “Seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth”.
2. Be accountable to a like-minded mentor: This person or people should be approachable and of the same faith, as you. “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God” (Colossians 3:16).
3. Consider the consequences: A lot of mistakes are made because people do not consider the consequences of their actions. Doing this reduces the chances of falling into temptations or going through with the sinful deed. "Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God"(1 Cor. 6:9-10, NIV). Some may try to justify their actions by counting on the forgiving nature of God. Galatians 6:7-8 (NIV) tells us: "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life."
4. Rid your mind of impure thoughts of your female members.
5. Avoid unnecessary human contact with ladies.
6. Never counsel or visit women alone.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: