- Once you enable Speak Screen on your iPad, you just need to open a Kindle book and then swipe downward with two fingers to have the book read aloud.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories .
This iPadOS feature, called , in any app, including the Kindle app.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to use text-to-speech on the iPad Kindle app with Speak Screen
1. Start the iPad's Settings app and then tap "Accessibility."
2. Tap "Spoken Content."
3. On the Spoken Content page, tap "Speak Screen."
4. Now that Speak Screen is enabled, start the Kindle app and open a book to the page you want to read.
5. Using two fingers, swipe downward from the top of the screen.
6. The Speak Screen control should appear, and the Kindle page should start to be read aloud.
After a moment, the Speak Screen controls will minimize, but you can tap the minimized Speak Screen arrow at any time to change the settings (you can also drag the arrow around the screen if you need to move it).
You can use the Speak Screen controls to skip ahead to the next page or rewind to the previous page. If you don't like the rate at which the Kindle is reading, you can also change the reading speed from half-speed to double speed.
The Kindle app will automatically advance to the next page when Speak Screen is done on the current page, so you never need to change pages manually.
Related coverage from Tech Reference :
- 5 ways to get free books on your Kindle, from classics to new releases
- How to buy books on Kindle through your computer or mobile device
- How to share your Kindle books in 2 different ways
- How to return a Kindle book and receive a full refund in 2 steps
- How to sign out of the Kindle app on your mobile device
- How to use your iPad as a second monitor for your Windows computer
- How to reset your Apple ID password in 3 different ways if you've forgotten it or lost your device
- How to unlock an iPhone from your current carrier and switch it to a new one
SEE ALSO: The best tablets you can buy