- One congresswoman even brought up his hair during the hearing.
- His hair inspiration might come from Augustus Caesar, who Zuckerberg is known to admire.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
While Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg was testifying about Libra cryptocurrency before the House Financial Services Committee on Wednesday, some viewers were focused on policy but some were focused on his hair.
One congresswoman, Rep. Katie Porter, even brought up his hair during the hearing.
One person on Twitter pointed out that the short haircut might have something to do with Zuckerberg's fascination with first century BCE Roman Emperor Augustus Caesar.
In a 2018 New Yorker profile, Zuckerberg revealed his admiration for the emperor he and his wife even went to Rome for their honeymoon. He told the New Yorker, "My wife was making fun of me, saying she thought there were three people on the honeymoon: me, her, and Augustus. All the photos were different sculptures of Augustus."
Zuckerberg and his wife even named one of their daughters August , reportedly after Caesar.
All of that admiration may be why Zuckerberg's hairdo closely resembles "The Caesar" haircut (though the style is actually named after Emperor Julius Caesar, below).
But Augustus, Julius Caesar's great-nephew and adopted son, has similar hair in most statues.
Facebook did not respond to Business Insider's request for comment on where Zuckerberg drew inspiration for his 'do, so while we don't know for sure, it's possible the Caesars' iconic cuts were the source.
- Ohio congresswoman rips into Mark Zuckerberg, calling it 'appalling and disgusting' that he failed to answer questions about Facebook's civil rights and diversity problems
- Watch the intense 3-minute exchange where AOC pelted Mark Zuckerberg with tough questions about Facebook
- A congresswoman dared Mark Zuckerberg to spend an hour a day policing the same 'murders, stabbings, suicides, other gruesome, disgusting videos' as Facebook's moderators. He declined.