- Google Pay is a simple way to make payments using a credit or debit card linked to your Google account.
- Google Pay can be used to make purchases on websites, in apps, and even in brick-and-mortar retail locations that accept contactless payments or have the Google Pay icon at the register.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The platform formerly called Google Wallet is now officially called Google Pay . It still functions as you'd expect from a Google app, and is a simple and efficient way to pay for just about anything, at any time.
You can download the Google Pay app and in a few minutes, link a bank account or credit or debit card , and set Google Pay as the default payment method on your phone. You can then use Google Pay on your phone to pay for things in stores or online with a mere tap.
Long story short, Google Pay is an easier way to make purchases as compared to the various payment methods you usually have to sort through.
In some cases, though, you might find yourself with a balance sitting in your Google Pay account that you'd rather have as cash in the bank or in hand.
If this is the case, here's how to withdraw money from your Google Wallet and transfer it to your bank account.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to withdraw money from your Google Wallet, now known as Google Pay
2. Find the words "Google Pay balance" and click "Transfer Balance."
3. Enter the amount of cash to be transferred.
4. Confirm that you have selected the proper payment method (to your bank account, debit card, etc.).
5. Click "Transfer."
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to link your PayPal account to your Google Pay account on an iPhone or Android
- How to use Google Pay to make in-store purchases using your Android phone
- How to set up and use Google Pay on your Android phone to make contactless payments at thousands of stores
- You can't delete your PayPal history, but you could delete your account to accomplish it here's what you need to know
- 'Can you use PayPal without a card?': Yes, you can here are 6 things you can do on PayPal without a linked debit or credit card
NOW WATCH: 8 weird robots NASA wants to send to space
- How to add holidays to your Google Calendar on desktop or mobile
- How to check-in with businesses on Yelp using the mobile app on your phone
- 'What do the check marks mean on Facebook Messenger?': Here's what you need to know
SEE ALSO: We compared Samsung's Galaxy S10 and the Galaxy S10+ to determine which phone you should buy