- You should update WhatsApp regularly to ensure that you have the latest version running efficiently on your mobile phone.
- WhatsApp updates can be performed manually or automatically, depending on your phone's settings.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more .
WhatsApp is a great alternative to regular texting for chatting with friends, family, colleagues, and other contacts quickly and easily. The popular communication app, which is available for iPhone and Android , offers calling features, encrypted messaging, and the ability to send photos or videos.
However, it's important to keep your app up to date at all times to ensure you're running the most stable, secure version of WhatsApp .
While your phone may allow you to set up automatic updates for your apps, assuming WhatsApp doesn't fall under that umbrella or you simply choose not to use that option, here's how to update it manually.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to update WhatsApp on an iPhone
1. Tap the App Store icon on your iPhone's home screen to open it.
2. Tap the small person-shaped icon in the upper-right hand corner of the screen to open your account info.
3. Scroll down until you find the "Available Updates" section.
4. Locate WhatsApp in the list and tap "Update" to install the latest version.
How to update WhatsApp on an Android
1. Tap the Google Play Store icon on your Android's home screen.
2. Tap the three horizontally stacked lines.
3. Tap "My apps & games."
4. Next to WhatsApp, tap "Update" to install the latest version.
It should be noted that if WhatsApp doesn't appear in the "Available Updates" section on your iPhone or lacks an "Update" button next to the listing on Android, this is because you already have the latest version installed and no new updates are currently available.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to share your location on WhatsApp using an iPhone or Android device
- How to change the WhatsApp background in your chats to a wallpaper, color, or custom photo
- How to hide your online status on WhatsApp to protect your privacy
- How to video chat on WhatsApp using your iPhone or Android device
- How to manually add a contact to WhatsApp using your iPhone
- How to download a Spotify playlist and listen to music without an internet connection
- How to connect your Spotify account to Alexa on your Amazon smart speaker
- How to clear your queue on Spotify on desktop or mobile, and control which songs will play next
SEE ALSO: We compared Samsung's Galaxy S10 and the Galaxy S10+ to determine which phone you should buy