- Autoplay is activated by default, but if you've turned it off, you can turn it on easily.
- You can turn on autoplay on YouTube both on your desktop and in the mobile app for iPhone and Android.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
YouTube's default is to autoplay videos continuously, and it offers you a countdown between each video so you can click away if you don't want to watch the next one.
If you've turned off autoplay perhaps as a way to get a break from the ads that often play between videos but want to turn it back on, you can easily do so in just a few easy steps.
Here's how to turn on autoplay on YouTube on a computer or mobile device.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to turn on autoplay on YouTube on desktop
This will impact the autoplay for each video you watch on the site using that device:
1. Go to youtube.com and log into your account, if necessary.
2. Play a video by clicking on it.
3. In the video player, click the "Settings" button it's the gear icon in the bottom toolbar of the player.
4. Toggle the "Autoplay" switch back on in the Settings pop-up menu. It'll turn red when it's on.
How to turn on autoplay on YouTube on mobile
1. Open the YouTube app.
2. Tap to play a video.
3. Next to the "Up Next" section, below the player, toggle the autoplay switch back on. It'll turn blue when it's on.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to watch private YouTube videos, using a viewing link sent to your email
- How to add links to your YouTube video descriptions on desktop or mobile
- How to play YouTube videos in the background on your iPhone without having to keep the app open
- How to upload a video to YouTube from your iPad in 4 steps
- How to flip a picture on your iPhone using the Photos app in iOS 13, or a third-party app
- How to add a Gmail account to your iPad in 2 different ways
- How to track an iPhone using a Find My app or iCloud's website, and locate it even when its battery is dead