- Read receipts notify you when text messages are received and read by their recipients, and also allows other people to know when you have received and read messages.
Read receipts are a great way to know when someone has received and read your text messages, but they're a double-edged sword not only can it be annoying to get frequent notifications that your messages are read, but you also might not want other people to know if you have received or read their messages.
Ordinary SMS text messages only have the ability to send notifications about the delivery of the message, while MMS multimedia messages can also inform the sender when the message has been opened and read.
If you prefer to disable some or all of these read receipts, they are easy to turn off.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to turn off read receipts on a Samsung Galaxy
1. Start the Messages app.
2. Tap the three dots to open the pop-up menu.
3. Tap "Settings."
4. In the Messages Settings screen, tap "More settings."
5. Tap "Text messages."
6. Turn off "Delivery reports" by swiping the button to the left.
7. Tap the Back button to go to the previous screen.
8. Tap "Multimedia messages."
9. Turn off "Delivery reports" by swiping the button to the left.
10. Also turn off "Read reports" in the same way.
After turning these settings off, you will no longer receive read receipts, and anyone you text will not get those notifications either.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to unlock a Samsung Galaxy S10 from its current carrier so you can switch it to a new one
- How to take a screenshot on a Samsung Galaxy S10 in 5 different ways
- How to customize the Bixby button on a Samsung Galaxy S10, and assign commands or specific apps to it
- How to set up a custom voicemail greeting on a Samsung Galaxy S10, in 2 different ways
NOW WATCH: Watch SpaceX's 'most difficult launch ever'
- How to record your screen on a Samsung Galaxy S10, for recording any third-party app through the Game Launcher
- How to watch YouTube videos or YouTube TV on your television, and use your phone as a remote control
- How to change your Instagram username or display name, on the mobile app or a computer